Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random Thoughts

I don't have any pictures of Jake this time, but I do have a snapshot of our two dogs, Duke and Dixie. They were so sweet to wait for me to come back from the mailbox. Surprsingly they were both standing still, on all fours and Dixie was not barking. Duke doesn't bark unless absolutely necessary so it wasn't unusual for him to be silent.


Does anyone else feel a tremendous sense of pride upon seeing a convoy of power trucks rolling down the interstate? This has been a common sight around the Jackson area over the past 2 or 3 days. I'm not sure if it is my love of blue collar workers...yes ladies, that's right...I don't find a man who wears a suit to work every day very appealing...or if it's just the sight of all these workers coming together for a common cause. It's very heartwarming! I'm proud to live in a country where we all pull together and help one another out.


Jake threw another interesting question at me this morning. We were just riding along when Jake says "Mama, God made all people from dust." I say "that's right." He then says with the most serious tone in his voice "I wonder what he made cars from, probably concrete." That's right baby, concrete!! I love that kid.


Jake's been doing well so far in 4K. We've made major strides in getting him out of the car in the morning. He is still extremely tired at the end of the day. This is both a blessing and a curse. It sometimes makes for a long trip home full of crying and whining about various things. Last night, he was asleep when Mark brought him in the door at 5:30. He slept through dinner, snack and bath time. We finally put him in his bed at 8 and he slept until 6:30. 13 hours of sleep does WONDERS for a 4 year old's attitude. He woke up this morning with a huge smile on his face and was very cooperative when it was time to get dressed.
Just a random update on what's been going on for the past couple of weeks...I hope to have more to write about soon!!





2 comments:

Kellye said...

How very perceptive and totally logical!!! If we were made from dust then it would totally make sense that cars were made from concrete! Such a smart kid!!!

The Family Bond said...

I love that pic of your dogs! they look so cute. And yes, I, too feel a since of pride when see any convoy...electric work trucks, military, police, etc. We live in such a great country where people are willing to come together and help fellow citizens.
Cars from concrete is perfectly logical.