Sunday, September 28, 2008

They're Baaack!

The beast. 8'.

The hunting crew, random guy, Mark, another random guy, Robbie (BIL) and Chris (FIL).

So, I have been a hunting widow/single mom for the past 3 days....let me tell you, I have the utmost respect for single moms. I can hardly make it for 3 days without pulling my hair out. I love my little man but I just get to a point where I need someone else to talk to! Anyway, Mark was alligator hunting this weekend in Pascagoula. He got the opportunity to be a "guide" for another hunter. They loaded up Friday and headed for the coast. Friday night was a bust for them but Saturday proved to be a better night and they harvested an 8 footer.


Jake and I got a glimpse of the beast this afternoon at my in-laws house.


Next weekend is my turn...but on this hunt I will be the permit holder. I'm hoping to do better than my catch last year which was 6'10". Mark claims that they "left" a 10 footer out there for me. Let's hope I can get it!!

3 comments:

Mysti Chustz said...

you are such "the woman" Leslie! so opposite from me...Good luck on your hunt! hope nothing eats you!!!!
I will keep my eyes open for Dinosaur ideas!!

Kellye said...

I agree with Mysti! You are the WOMAN!!!! Good luck on your hunt!

Jeremy and Christy said...

i just have the hardest time seeing you out there wrestling an alligator! who would have thought??!! hope you guys had fun!