Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Don't Want to Grow Up!!

Lately, Jake has been telling me that he does not want to grow up. He wants to stay little forever. I imagine he is probably coming to the realization that things get tougher for you the bigger, or older you get. I was putting him to bed last night and our conversation went something like this:

Jake: "I don't want to go to school tomorrow, they give me too much work to do."

Me: "Well, that's just the way life goes, you've got lots of years of work ahead of you."

Jake: "But Mama, I don't want to get bigger, and they just keep feeding me snacks! It's not fair!"

This of course made me laugh out loud and he then told me that this was not funny!

3 comments:

Kellye said...

LOL! I love it! That's so sweet and hilarious at the same time! I can totally see Hayden saying the same thing and then me laughing at it and him not appreciating it at all! LOL!

Jeremy and Christy said...

LOVE IT!! I love it when they say things like that! Did you tell him you didn't want him to get bigger either? Even though I am enjoying the moments we have now, some days I want Rileigh to be little again. They grow up too fast!!

The Family Bond said...

I can relate to the snack issue. I keep feeding myself snacks and keep getting bigger, too. I agree, It's not funny! I don't want my little one's to get bigger either. Such sweet innocense they have at this age.