Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School

He just keeps getting older...Today was our first day of 4K. I had to fight back the tears as I watched my BABY walking down the sidewalk by himself. He was so excited and was so proud to be going to the door on his own, with no help from his mama. I'm full of mixed emotions...I'm so proud of him and I am so excited about this new school year but I'm also so sad to be losing my baby.

He's so adorable in that shirt and khaki shorts! I could just eat him up!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Christy said...

Look how grown up he looks! I know how you feel. Rileigh had her first day of 3K today and she told me in the car that she was going in by herself. I think she shocked me because I didn't really say anything and then she told me again. She is usually so shy, but she just hopped right out of the car and went inside. I am like you....mixed emotions. I want her to be independent and there are many new adventures to come, but I am sad that this is kind of the end of a stage for her. We can make it through this together, Leslie!! :)

Kellye said...

LESLIE! That's not fair! I can't believe he's starting 4K....ARGH!!! He does look awfully scrumptious in his uniform though...wow! I'm in utter disbelief!

Mysti Chustz said...

I am right there with you girl...so hard watching them grow up so fast! I'll be looking for you around JA! can't believe we have little raiders!

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

leslie~

thanks for your comment! your child is so cute!!!

mary peyton didn't bat an eye this morning when mrs sykes got her out - thank goodness! that's the hardest part!

maybe we'll meet in person one day!