Thursday, August 7, 2008

See Rock City...and Throw Up in a Garbage Can!! Day 2


So, day 2 begins with us waking at about 8:30 and getting ready to head out to "See Rock City!" Mark complains of the usual stomach ache...(he always has a stomach ache when we go on vacation) I tell him to get over it and hurry up because we want to beat the crowd as well as the mid-day heat. We all load up in the car and head up Lookout Mountain. Rock City is one of those tourist attractions that everyone wants to see, yet everyone makes fun of. It's so ultra cheesy and well, tacky. It was alot of fun for Jake as he loved climbing on the rocks and running throughout the park. It was fun for the rest of us until we got to the entrance to Fairlyland Caverns...we all went in and experienced the same darkness, the same dank odor...Jake and I looked at the displays with the little gnomes in them. We were at the Hansel and Gretel display when I hear coughing off to my right. I knew it was Mark coughing since we were the only ones in the cavern. Then I think to myself "I recognize that particular cough"...at that very moment, I look over to see him ralphing in the garbage can...how nice!! He looks up at me and says "I've got to get out of here!" I was in a panic...we stood at the garbage can for a few seconds because I think he was afraid to leave it...we finally found the exit and we were thrilled to see sunlight and get some fresh air! I was very torn between feeling sorry for him and being totally angry with him...as if he could control it! Needless to say, we got out of Rock City pretty quickly and headed back to the hotel for some rest.









Jake getting ready to cross the swinging bridge



Mark and Jake trying to make it through "Fat Man Squeeze"



Where it all went downhill


After and hour or so at the hotel, Mark decided that he was okay with going to the Children's Discovery Museum. This was a really neat hands on museum for kids. Jake thoroughly enjoyed digging for dinosaur bones and checking out all of the displays in the museum. His favorite part, of course was the gift shop...oh how I just love a museum gift shop. We ended up with a relatively cheap purchase of dinosaur goo...yes, he loves the goo.


This was a really neat display on the power of water.





Jake putting together a dinosaur puzzle.

Our last stop was at the IMAX theater where we watched a 3-D movie on dolphins and whales. I'm a sucker for anything 3-D. I love to feel like the animals are right there in front of me. It took all that I had to keep from reaching out to "touch" them! That was it for day 2.



1 comment:

Kellye said...

Oh Leslie!!! He puked in a trash can!!! What is it with men getting sick on family vacations! OMG! I've been there with Chad so many times before....balancing on being angry at and feeling sorry for him!