Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's About That Time!

Jake Man washing the gator.


Me and my Dad with my gator. She was 6'10".

That's right kids! The alligator hunting season is once again creeping up on us! I can't wait to get my name in the hat to possibly be drawn to hunt! I am a very girly girl but I tell you what, I love the adrenaline rush that you get from alligator hunting...you motor into a quiet spot up river and shine your light around...the number of red glowing eyes is breathtaking...I really don't know how to describe the feeling, but I certainly hope to be one of the lucky few this year! Keep your fingers crossed for us...we have quite a few family members who will be applying this year...my Mama included...so let's hope that at least one of us gets drawn.



2 comments:

Stacy O said...

Wow, I didn't know you could hunt for alligators! How do you catch them? What do you do with them once you catch them-eat them or make boots? I really need to visit the South one day, I think I am missing out on a lot of cool stuff. :)

Kellye said...

Oh dear....although I am mildly jealous that you have the guts to get out there and hunt them, I can't help but pray for you Larsley....I DON'T WANT THE CROCAGATERS TA GETCHA!!!!